For our startup clients, Ross & Shulga offers fixed fee comprehensive formation packages as well as advice on how best to structure your company to meet your business objectives. We also draft shareholder, LLC and partnership agreements, collaboration and contribution agreements, buy-sell agreements, and other related documents.
We also advise on formation of professional services corporations (PC), professional services limited liability companies (PLLCs) and Design Profession Corporations (DPCs) in the State of New York.
For the growing companies, Ross & Shulga offers ongoing outside general counsel services. Typical requests include drafting, review, and negotiation of various legal contracts; advice relating to employment issues, preparation of Board agendas, materials and minutes; strategic legal advice; and advice relating to registration of trademarks. Contracts that we review include consulting agreements, NDAs, finders agreements, independent contractor agreements, supply and distribution agreements, joint venture agreements and inter-company services agreements.
In particular, Ross & Shulga focuses on representation of SaaS and software development companies in digital advertising and mobile application development sectors, after having developed expertise in negotiation of SaaS agreements and Master Services Agreements (and Statements of Work) for software-related services.
Many of our clients remain with the firm for years, fostering a trusting partnership based on deep understanding of the business’ history and its growth objectives.
Often, businesses merge, sell their assets or purchase stock or assets of other businesses. They also borrow funds, issue equity, spin off subsidiaries, reorganize, or create joint ventures with their business partners. Ross & Shulga represents companies in any of these transactions:
- Business loans
- Asset acquisitions and divestitures
- Spin-offs of subsidiaries and divisions
- Stock, LLC interest and partnership interest purchases and sales
- Internal reorganizations
- Joint ventures
- Act as outside general counsel to a SaaS B2C marketing automation company
- Act as outside general counsel to a digital advertising platform
- Act as a “go to” counsel for multiple software development companies
- Act as a “go to” counsel for a comprehensive testing platform, from structure to formation to joint venture to financing stages in the company’s development
- Represent founders in selling majority stake in their company
- Represent multiple companies in receiving investment funds either from friends & family, strategic partners, angel investors, or VC funds
- Draft legal documentation for an online store for purchasing mobile game applications