Before joining R&S in September 2018, Ms. Subbotina represented many technology companies, including
working in-house for a public healthcare technology corporation, Alternate Health Corporation, where she focused on drafting and negotiating contracts as well as conducting a legally-compliant initial coin offering. Ms. Subbotina also worked at Tala, a FinTech start-up. Ms. Subbotina guided Tala through building a strong legal compliance foundation and its international expansion, including a $30 million Series B and a $50 million Series C round of financing.
Previously, Kristina was an extern to the Honorable Judge Kozinski at U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Subbotina is admitted to the bars of New York State and Russia. She is a native Russian speaker.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (L.L.M., 2015, with honors)
- Ural State Law University (J.D. 2012, summa cum laude)
Recent speaking engagements:
- “U.S. Companies Doing Business in the Americas,” ABA International Law Section Fall Meeting, Miami FL, October 27, 2017
- “Managing Big Data Privacy and Security,” co-authored with Aliya Ramji et al., International Law News, Volume 46,Number 1, November 1, 2017
- “U.S. Companies Doing Business in the Americas: Expansion Check-list,” American Bar Association Newsletter, Volume 6, Issue 1, March 2017
- “The Lifting of the Foreign Ownership Restriction on Adjustment, Lending and Financing Companies,” American Bar Association ICCC Newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 1, February 22, 2017
- “Russia’s entering WTO: How Russian Business Law is Changing,” Ural State Law University, Yekaterinburg, April 2013
- Co-Chair, International Finance & Securities Committee, American Bar Association International Law Section
- Vice-Chair of International Corporate Counsel Committee, American Bar Association International Law Section
- Certificate with Distinction in Financial Markets at Yale University
- Advanced Certificate in International Tax Planning at Leiden University
- Certificate in Corporate Finance at University of Pennsylvania