Before founding Ross & Shulga PLLC and a predecessor firm Shulga Law Firm PC in 2010, Ms. Shulga spent seven years at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. At Cleary, Ms. Shulga represented a wide range of clients, from individuals and startups to the Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries, including financial services, banking, technology, fashion, apparel, entertainment and health care. Ms. Shulga advised public companies on preparation and filing of periodic reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission; represented investors, issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders in private and registered securities offerings, including IPOs, convertible debt offerings, high yield debt offerings, and A/B exchange offers; advised companies on compliance with contractual obligations, internal restructurings and joint ventures; and represented companies and their advisors in tender offers, consent solicitations and leveraged buy-out transactions.
Ms. Shulga is active in the New York City startup community. She is a native Russian speaker.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 2002, summa cum laude)
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School of Business (Certificate of Study in Business Policy and Management, 2002)
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A. 1997, magna cum laude)
- Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific (I.B.D. 1993)
- Adjunct Professor, teaching “Entrepreneurial Law” at Fordham Law School, Spring, Fall 2018
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Presenter on Blockchain and the Law at the monthly BLunch event organized by Strogurl, an investment and advisory firm that empowers women in blockchain technology (January 9, 2019).
- Interviewee on Real Estate Syndication Show for real estate investors (December 29, 2018). View Video and Podcast.
- Guest speaker at NYC MeetUp “Let’s talk about Raising Capital in Compliance with Securities Laws” (December 19, 2018).
- Guest speakers at the 2018 International Bar Association Conference on Law Firm Management held in Moscow, Russia (December 7, 2018).
- A guests at a podcast episode “Women in Law” run by Please Be Advised. You can listed to the episode here. (November 15, 2018).
- A presenter at Stafford’s CLE webinar on Delaware LLC Agreements: Planning and Drafting (November 14, 2018).
- A host a lunch table discussion on the legal issues relating to crypto funds at the NYU Stern FinTech Conference 2018 (October 19, 2018).
- Presenter at the Startup LAWnchpad by Fordham Law ELC. It is a podcast for entrepreneurs that includes Top Three Legal Do’s and Don’ts presented by Arina Shulga.
- A panelist on the “Navigating Securities Law Issues in Initial Coin Offerings and Equity Crowdfunding” panel at the Fordham Startup LAWnchpad Conference. (September 14, 2018)